This post highlights the traffic received by the EmpatheticalMind (EMind) blog every month.
This is to maintain transparency and help in assessing the areas of traction. This data can be used by debut readers and followers to understand total posts published every month and total traffic so that they can read the most viewed or liked posts in case they have missed. This idea is similar to shareholder meetings held every quarter to highlight the revenues, but in my case it will be traffic and posts which can be used by the followers and visitors.
1. Good thing about this month is the view counts surpassed 1000 views though the posts have been less compared to previous months. This give me happiness about the traffic received due to older posts which have been worth to visit and not a just for sake post.
2. This month has been a focus of haiku and poems, which resulted in good view counts and likes as always. But I was only able to publish only 18 posts this month, very less than previous months due to my health issues. I hope things return normal from July.
|Top viewed posts – Overall (5)||Average words per posts|
|Psychology of waiting in Queue|
Exit (Poem #31)
One Fine Morning! (Poem #1)
Why am i not progressing in life?
Why social media apps are so much addictive?
|Total words = 41788|
Total posts = 124
Words per post = 337
Est. read time per post = 2.6 min
1. It is a great month personally as we welcomed our Baby Bump turned Baby Boy on June 30. Transformation from a man to father is in progress, making me wordless in experiences I am having with my little Prince. My wife and baby are doing great and he is already enjoying his interaction with the outside world. This hints the readers that my future posts might include parenting experience and tips to the fathers and ‘mothers from father point of view’.
2. This month surpassed the 1000 view counts and overall views have been less than previous month. Likes per post for June month is more than previous data. This month I had less posts published due to my office work and hospital check ups. I will ensure the future posts are meaningful as always.
3. I added Fiction as new category and it is receiving a great response as I expected.
Summary for June 2021:
- Motivational shorts: I happened to take the tweets from IFS officer Sudha Raman as a motivation post and it got viewed more this month. As Always, Motivational posts top the category in views. I made changes to Home Page as “Static Page” by suggesting the top posts to the users.
- Poetry / Free verse: Poems have been less this month and the views are equally distributed across the posts. But likes are more for poems than motivation post. So this data shows, Poems are read less but most of the readers like them. Motivation posts are read by many but likes less. This trade off is very much essential to keep the views and likes balanced.
- Random Fiction: 6 Posts made on Fiction, a new try from EM.
- Sarcasm: As promised in May month I reduced the frequence and quantity of Sarcasms. But two posts I made in June was viewed better than previous posts (Thus ensuring valuable sarcasm posts).
May 2021: Finally May month is coming to an end. It is an overwhelming month since I reached 100 followers this month. Also, views for this month went above 1000 and likes more than 500. It could be a small number but this achievement is the first in my blog history.
From this month, I thought I should give summary of the entire month so that readers will be aware of my progress and get to know about the frequency of my posts. Life is about analyzing the past and correcting the trajectory right? That is what empatheticalmind also highlights. This summary will help me to understand where the views and likes are coming from and focus on those areas more. By this summary, debut visitors can know about the traffic and help them assess if my blog is worth to be part of their follow list. So this post will remain there always, only I will append the months as they come to an end. That way, summary will be total summary than having individual post to summarize the month data.
Summary for May 2021:
- Motivational shorts: Posts with > 350 words had better views and likes.
- Poetry / Free verse: Posts with emotion and humor gets liked more.
- Sarcasm: Did not work as expected, So I will reduce the frequency and have some real sarcastic posts by putting more thoughts.
Final note to my readers, I have been actively blogging with May 2021 being my highest. I will continue to remain active and feed my readers with meaningful and purposeful posts. Thanks for your support. Do follow my blog if you want to be part of my reading community.